Whether it’s a pat on the back, a handshake, a trophy or award, everyone likes to be affirmed for the work they’ve done. I, for one, like to hear positive feedback. It helps me know for certain that we are on the right track.
I also find awards to be a meaningful recognition of the hard work and loyalty of talented people. In our company’s case, no award is due to the work of one man or woman. Any awards our company receives are due to the excellence that associates dedicate themselves to day in and day out. It’s recognition of a job well done time and time again.
In the last few months, our company has received several accolades that affirm the work we’ve done is notable. I’m very proud that Marriott is among the most successful leading companies in the world.
Some awards we’ve received so far in 2016:
- FORBES Top 25 Most Innovative Companies
- ‘Most Social Companies’
- Aon Hewitt Global Best Employer
- World’s Most Ethical Company
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity
- World’s Most Admired Lodging Company
- 100 Best Workplaces for Women in the U.S.
- Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles Award
- Best Multinational Workplaces
- 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index
- LATINAStyle 50 Best Companies for Latinas (Company of the Year)
- National Association of Female Executives Top 60 Companies for Executive Women
These awards are direct reflections of our company’s passion for diversity, innovation, healthy lifestyles and great workplaces. In addition to the people who serve our guests, there are teams of people behind the scenes who put initiatives and programs in place to ensure we are fostering a great workforce and a great workplace.
Awards are nice, but to actually come to a workplace every day where people care about each other and care about creating excellence – that’s the real reward.
I’m Bill Marriott and thanks for helping me keep Marriott on the move.