Check Out the New Courtyard Hotel Lobby

Posted: April 1, 2008 12:54:16 PM

LobbyScreenGrab-captioned One of the things I love about my job is being part of the creative design team.  I'm a frustrated interior designer I guess.  I love color and I love to fiddle around with the designs.

I'm pleased to say that these days we're taking a bolder approach to our hotel lobby designs.  We're designing them the way guests want to use our lobby and it's changed a lot.  It seems that lobbies have become the hub for work and play.

I toured the Fair Oaks, Virginia Courtyard hotel a few miles away from our headquarters.  It has the new lobby concept, and I know you're really going to love it.

The colors are bright and vivid.  They were inspired by a picture of aboriginal art the leader of our Courtyard brand team saw in a National Geographic magazine.  I love the wallpaper with the green clovers in the business center.  It feels like you've brought the Courtyard indoors.

And we're replacing the long front desk, which is a barrier, with welcome pedestals.  A warm greeting and personal touch is vital and we want to redefine the check-in and check-out process.

So many people these days like to work on their laptops so we've added electrical outlets everywhere and the WiFi is free.

The center of the lobby is open, but there is an intimate library.  It's a nice place to escape to, and so is the new outdoor courtyard.  It's now going to be better integrated into the lobby with easier access and visibility.

There's one feature that everyone is really excited about.  It's called the Go Board - G-O.  It's a nearly five foot LCD touch screen with very helpful local information like weather, news, nearby restaurants and places to go for fun.  All you need to do is touch the screen with your finger to get the information you need.

And we're also adding containers for recycling paper, glass, plastic and cans.

It's really hard to paint a picture with these words, so I hope you'll visit a new website called gocourtyard.com to take a look at the new lobby and leave us your comments about how you feel about it.

I'm Bill Marriott and thanks for helping me keep Marriott on the move.

Check Out the New Courtyard Hotel Lobby

Comments

Posted By: Ron (04/03/2008 at 10:25 AM)
Comment:

I love the Go Board. I think it would be an awesome addition in the lobbies of your Vacation Club Resorts too!

Posted By: Stacy Krambeck (04/03/2008 at 02:53 PM)
Comment:

I would like to tell you about what a WONDERFULL time I had at your Golden, Colorado, Marriott. You have a wonderful employee there by the name of Janesa. While I was on the way to Colorado, I became very ill. Janesa took such good care of me. She brought me crackers, tea, honey, sprite & a hand made get well bag. She even went and bought me pepto bismol with her own money! I truly started to think that this girl was an angel and not an employee. She came and checked on me throughout the day (my husband and children had gone up to a wedding in Keystone and I stayed in Golden because I was so sick). Each time she came to check on me she had warm water for my tea or fresh crackers or something to help me feel better. She sat and talked with me when I was feeling up to it and didn't even wait for the maids to begin to pick up my room, she just started to do it herself. She was truly so kind and so thoughtfull.
If you ever have a chance to stop at the Marriott in Golden-1717 Denver West Boulevard-stop and say Hi to Janesa for me. You'll be happy you did!
Very sincerely,
Stacy Krambeck

Posted By: Cheap Computers Canada (03/05/2010 at 09:22 AM)
Comment:

We're designing them the way guests want to use our lobby and it's changed a lot. It seems that lobbies have become the hub for work and play.

Posted By: cheap computer (05/17/2010 at 02:47 AM)
Comment:

I think the best way to know what customers is by asking them personally that what kind of lobby they want only ask few of them rather than predicting they want this.
For best deals of used computers visit http://www.electrocomputerwarehouse.com

Posted By: Interior Decor Design (03/09/2011 at 01:11 PM)
Comment:

That is a great new lobby design. The Go Board - G-O is a great idea

Posted By: Sameday Dent Removal (07/12/2011 at 08:01 PM)
Comment:

Great new lobby concept! Fantastic ideas from bright and vivid colors, to free wi-fi, to the new LCD GO Board. I'm sure the new design will be a great success!

Posted By: Texas SEO (07/22/2011 at 04:26 AM)
Comment:

Posted By: ddos protection (09/06/2011 at 12:21 PM)
Comment:

I like that new lobby concept. Very nice.