Celebrating 20 Years of Marriott Hotels in Asia

Posted:02/27/2009 2:26 PM

Hkgdt_phototour45_captioned Today we're celebrating the 20th anniversary of the opening of our JW Marriott Hotel in Hong Kong.  It was our very first hotel in Asia and has been one of our flagship hotels there for the past two decades.  It has always been a beautiful hotel, but now that it has completed its latest renovation, it is more stunning than ever before.

Spreading the Spirit of Aloha

Posted:02/24/2009 7:49 PM

Aloha Tour Bus Today I'm blogging from our headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, where we are holding a huge celebration to welcome our Spirit of Aloha Tour.  Anyone who has been to one of the Hawaiian Islands falls in love with the beautiful scenery and the wonderful Aloha hospitality.

Questions About Local Information? Just Ask Marriott

Posted:02/22/2009 7:38 PM

Aruba Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino Staff I just got back from visiting some of our beautiful hotels and resorts in the Caribbean.  One of the stops I made was in Aruba to visit our Aruba Marriott Resort, which has just completed a big renovation.  The property looks great, the staff is wonderful and the entire island is a terrific place to vacation.  You can actually see for yourselves by watching the video below.

Green Your Hotel Stay for $1 a Day with Marriott

Posted:02/17/200912:07 PM

Aerial View of Juma Sustainable Reserve When my executive team started talking with me about carbon offsets, I said, "What's that?" I'm old enough to remember "carbon copies," which is how you made multiple copies before we had computers and printers.  I've learned since that carbon offsets are a way to offset the greenhouse gases generated by the energy consumed in our operations.

Keep America Meeting

Posted:02/12/2009 3:14 AM

RCHMB Signature Aerial LR This past Sunday as I was reading The New York Times I noticed the huge full-page ad with a letter from John Stumpf, president and CEO of Wells Fargo bank. His bank was taking some heat for an upcoming annual recognition event for their employees in Las Vegas.  It was a meeting of their top performing people - not top executives, but rather bank tellers, financial advisers and sales reps.  Because of the public outcry over Wall Street's excess, Wells Fargo canceled their event but Mr. Stumpf wanted to put things in perspective.

Courtyard by Marriott Opens its 800th Hotel in Shanghai, China

Posted:02/10/200911:52 AM

Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Today, in China, we celebrated a very special milestone - the opening of the 800th Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Shanghai.  It was a wonderful event and featured a dragon dance and was attended by VIPs from all over the country.  Back here in the United States, the associates at our headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, are joining in on the festivities, too, and will be participating in their own lion dance.

How One Person Can Impact an Entire Team

Posted:02/04/2009 1:59 PM

AlexShane_captioned Awhile back, I attended a National Speakers Association meeting in New York City.  At that conference, I met Gregg Gregory, a certified professional speaker.  Gregg speaks to an array of business professionals on how leaders can motivate, recognize and empower employees to achieve top notch service.

One of the stories Gregg frequently tells at his speaking engagements is called "How One Person Can Impact an Entire Team."  This story was inspired by an experience Gregg had one night at the Atlanta Marriott Northwest and how the superb service he received from one of our associates set a great example for the rest of the staff.