D.C. United Soccer Players Get Their Kicks in New Fairfield Inn and Suites Lobby

Posted:04/28/2009 2:46 PM

DSC_5055soccer Since I began blogging about two and a half years ago, I've learned a lot about the brave new world of communications.  Our company has also made many advances, embracing social media like Twitter and YouTube.  We've developed a highly interactive website for one of our brands, gocourtyard.com; and I even filmed a video entry for my blog last year about Thanksgiving.  We've been doing a lot of exciting things with video lately - one of my favorites was when dance sensation David Elsewhere showed off his best moves in one of our TownePlace Suites.

In London, Opening Marriott and Courtyard Hotels

Posted:04/22/2009 2:25 PM

RugbyCaptioned I'm blogging today from one of my favorite cities in the world - London.  It's a busy few days for me over here.  We just celebrated the 80th birthday of the famed Grosvenor House hotel located on Park Lane and overlooking beautiful Hyde Park.  The weather has been glorious and springtime in London is truly terrific.  The Grosvenor House is one of our newest additions to our luxury JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts brand and it is a beautiful, iconic property.

Marriott Vacation Club International Celebrates 25 Years!

Posted:04/17/2009 6:46 PM

IMG_2592_CakeUncut Today marks an important milestone at Marriott and one I am very proud of - the 25th anniversary of Marriott Vacation Club International, our timeshare business.  I'm also very proud to tell you the story of an outstanding MVCI associate, Abri Kruger, who is a sales executive at our MVCI Surf Watch Resort on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina.  He was giving a potential timeshare owner a tour of the property when he saw a 3 year-old girl fall into the pool.  He rushed over to where she was and pulled her out of the water as fast as he could, saving her from drowning.

Delivering the News, and the Best Customer Service

Posted:04/15/2009 5:57 PM

DSC_9941 Most of us have our morning routines.  Mine usually starts with skimming through a couple of newspapers with my dog Murphy while we have breakfast together.  It's one of the ways I stay informed about the latest world events and business trends.  I also love to relax by reading a good book, sitting down in a comfortable chair and getting lost in the story.

It's a Boy!

Posted:04/14/2009 6:42 PM

IStock_000005199560XSmall It's April 14, 2009, and a very happy day for the Marriott family.  My son David and his wife Carrie just had another baby boy.  The baby was born this morning around 11 o'clock.  We don't have a name for him yet, but he's a big boy at 8 pounds, 1 ounce, 20.5 inches long - the biggest child they've had.

Making marriott.com More Accessible for the Visually Impaired

Posted:04/08/200912:38 PM

2646892351_f6b7698b31 Although I'm not computer literate, I know what a key role our website, marriott.com, plays in booking business at our hotels.  More than 750, 000 individuals visit marriott.com every day.  Thank you for that.

A Marriott Associate Who Gave 'The Pants Off His Legs'

Posted:04/02/2009 5:18 PM

IStock_000003273127XSmall I've blogged many times before about the wonderful service our Marriott associates provide to our guests.  Today, I have yet another great service story to share, but it's a little different from those in the past.

It takes place at the Residence Inn in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.  A guest of the hotel came to the front desk one morning holding a pair of black pants on a hanger with a very panicked look on his face.  He explained that he had come into town for a meeting that morning and in his haste, had accidentally packed his wife's slacks instead of his own.  He was hoping there might be an extra pair in the hotel's lost and found or that someone could direct him to a store to buy a new pair of pants as he had a meeting very soon.