Marriott's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion

Posted:05/27/2009 1:06 PM

3446996757_52d6023c5d I think everyone feels like change is in the air. We've all heard the buzz words "the  new normal" or "reset," and for the most part, I think it's a good thing.  It's about getting back to the things in life that really matter - being fiscally responsible rather than buying more than you can afford, spending more time with loved ones and reevaluating priorities.

Best in Class: Marriott's Award of Excellence

Posted:05/20/2009 8:13 PM

3524959601_8bd6ab5722 Tonight is our annual Award of Excellence gala where we honor the best of the best within Marriott.  These are the associates who have gone above and beyond to provide stellar service to our guests, fellow associates and the communities where they work.

Take Advantage of the Global Rate Break from Marriott

Posted:05/15/2009 3:13 PM

Coupon 20% off Almost everyone is feeling the effects of the current economic climate, but at Marriott we want to do everything we can to help you get away and travel. For starters, travel is good for business. But I also believe vacations and trips are a wonderful way to revive yourself during tough times and reconnect with friends and family.

Being a Friend to Our Local Communities

Posted:05/13/2009 2:52 PM

DSC_1072 Today I'm blogging from Food and Friends in Washington, D.C. Food and Friends is a non-profit organization that provides groceries and meals to people who are seriously ill and unable to leave their homes to get their own food. I'm volunteering here today as part of Marriott's annual Spirit To Serve Our Communities Day that takes place every May. Our properties participate in different community service events throughout the month and our 300,000 managed and franchised associates around the world are given time off from work to participate.

The Faces of Travel

Posted:05/11/2009 7:21 PM

The Faces of Travel Today marks the beginning of National Travel and Tourism Week, which is especially important this year given the state of the economy and its impact on travel.  I started my day at the Residence Inn Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia, where our associates were celebrating their brand's culture at their annual RIsolution Day.

Recognizing Moms Everywhere This Mother's Day

Posted:05/08/2009 1:43 PM

Perkins-Chavis-MaruielCaptioned This coming Sunday is Mother's Day - a special day to honor our moms and thank them for all they do.  My mother, Alice, was a very special woman.  Not only did she raise my brother and me and take great care of my father, she was very active in her local community, in politics and she helped my dad start and run this company.

Renaissance Hotels Offer Aspiring Filmmakers a Chance to Work with Spike Lee

Posted:05/05/2009 5:53 PM

SpikeLee These days, everybody can be a filmmaker using their digital cameras, Flip cameras and even cell phones.  People love to share and watch others' videos.  Our Renaissance hotels are participating in an online version of a film festival called MOFILM. Eleven other companies with strong brands like Kodak, Visa and AT&T are part of the festival, also.