Embracing Marriott's Extended Family

Posted:06/25/2009 6:26 PM

JHMcaptioned I was recently in Orlando, Florida, for a conference with owners and franchisees of our select service and extended stay brands.  Those brands are Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites.  It's a great event where we build and strengthen relationships, align ourselves on company initiatives and share good business practices.

A Proud Dad This Father's Day

Posted:06/19/2009 5:19 PM

Bill teenage kids This Father's Day, Donna and I want to express our joy in the many accomplishments of our children.  We have four kids - a girl and three boys.  Our daughter Debbie is the oldest.  At age five, she underwent open heart surgery and has survived to raise five beautiful children.  She is a very nurturing mother, and is also senior vice president of government affairs at Marriott and doing a wonderful job in her new calling.  Her only daughter Kim will be married in November, so Debbie is very busy planning the wedding.

The Face of Travel

Posted:06/17/2009 6:14 PM

CIMG1542 Back in March, the U.S. Travel Association launched a contest to find the face of the travel industry.  They were looking for someone who embodied the character and hard working spirit of our industry.  I'm proud to announce that this extremely prestigious honor went to one of our Ritz-Carlton associates, Paco Saldana.

Welcoming Ritz-Carlton President Simon Cooper to the World of Twitter

Posted:06/15/2009 6:50 PM

SimonCooperTwitterOnly When I started blogging more than two years ago, I got a lot of "high-fives" from other bloggers for embracing this era of technology and trying out a new form of communication.  Since then, there have been many advancements and I've learned about Facebook, YouTube and Flickr.  There are probably more but it's tough to keep up with them all!

Get Slimed On Your Next Family Vacation Courtesy of Nickelodeon and Marriott

Posted:06/09/2009 4:41 PM

MarriottsAndSponge1 You may remember a blog I did awhile ago about getting slimed when Marriott announced we would be working with Nickelodeon.  While it was a pretty messy experience, it was an honor and something I'll never forget.  Since then, many people have asked me what it felt like, and now, everyone can find out for themselves!

My Message to the Class of 2009: There Is Light at the End of the Tunnel

Posted:06/04/2009 4:10 PM

IStock_000004407014XSmall It's graduation season, and a few weeks ago, I went to North Carolina to speak at Wake Forest University's commencement.  The world is in deep economic turmoil and jobs are hard to find, but I focused my speech on the importance of never giving up and always maintaining an optimistic outlook.  While things might look bleak right now, I think it's important to keep your eyes open to the opportunities that will eventually open up to you.