One on One with The Connection by SpringHill Suites

Posted: February 28, 2011 04:43:54 PM

The Connection by SpringHill Suites I recently received a few questions from The Connection by SpringHill Suites, an exclusive online community of the brand’s most passionate guests. I’m delighted to be able to interact with this loyal group of supporters and thank them for being so enthusiastic about this wonderful brand.

Brian Earley asked, “If I had five to seven nights to spend at any Marriott in the world, which would I choose?”

My favorite spot is the JW Marriott Camelback Inn, especially to escape the cold, dark, damp winters of Washington, D.C.  I’ve been going there since I was 16 and have a lot of wonderful memories of my travels there.

Mitchell Askenas wanted to know how I keep such a large organization inspired to do its best.

I’m focused on our corporate culture – if you take care of the associates, they’ll take care of the guests.  I visit 300 properties a year and talk to associates and guests on a regular basis.

Finally, Adam Schwartz poses a very interesting question about employee loyalty and what changes I’ve had to make to ensure employee loyalty as the company has grown and how I think the changing demographics of workers affects this.

At Marriott, we are proud that we open doors to a world of opportunity for our people, our guests, our owners and our communities.  Since its founding in 1927, Marriott’s tradition of valuing global diversity and inclusion has become a fundamental operating principle and a business imperative to help us attract and retain the very best talent available.  Much of our growth over the next five years will take place outside of the United States, and we are evolving our diversity and inclusion work to support that growth.

Thanks for asking!  I’m Bill Marriott and thanks SpringHill Suites Connection guests for helping me keep Marriott on the move.

One on One with The Connection by SpringHill Suites

Comments

Posted By: Juliette Adams (02/28/2011 at 10:23 PM)
Comment:

Mr. Marriott:

Very applicable to your blog!

"Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger the wind the stronger the trees."
- J.W. Marriott Sr.

"Men do not live merely to toil; they also live to play, to mingle with their fellows, to love, to worship. The test of the success of our social organization is the extent to which every man is free to realize his highest and best self; and in considering any economic or political problem, that fundamental fact should be recognized.”- John Rockefeller

Posted By: Christopher P Crounse (03/01/2011 at 08:06 AM)
Comment:

Dear Bill,

I must say that the entire Marriott family of hotels is with out a doubt the best in the business. Sure there are bumps in the road none of us are perfect but the nice thing is when there is an issue they are very fast to respond and correct any customer concerns and because of that I am and hopefully always will be a platinum Marriott member. Please keep up the great work.
Sincerely,
Christopher P. Crounse

Posted By: WILDER SAVANY (03/01/2011 at 01:19 PM)
Comment:

Springhill Suites is the best option for short term/long term< stay.
Price and size of units fits most people. And remember
ITS MARRIOTT !!!!
BLESS

WILDER SAVANY

Posted By: Hank Mancini (03/01/2011 at 03:12 PM)
Comment:

It has been about four years, but the JW Marriott Camelback Inn would probably be my first choice also. I have enjoyed summer stays when the rates are lower and while hot in the day, the evenings are really perfect.

Posted By: Rodney Burch (03/01/2011 at 04:27 PM)
Comment:

We have traveled to many marriot locations and brands over the years and love them all. Fond memories in all the caribean locations as well as lots of U.S. locations. The springhill suites in Savannah Georgia is pretty great too, there are several in the city and although they are all a little different in theme decor they are all highly recommended.
P.S. my wife and i read your book many years ago and learned alot.
Have a great day, The Burch's

Posted By: Ed Fossa (03/01/2011 at 04:38 PM)
Comment:

Mr. Marriott:
I would like to be considered for the Platinum Premier membership. I've stay in a Marriott hotel for almost 2,500 nights, have three Chase credit cards, recommmend co-workers and tip the housekeeprer. What do you say?

Ed

Posted By: Mitchell Askenas (03/04/2011 at 03:16 PM)
Comment:

Thanks Bill,

I appreciate that you selected to address my comment! Keep up the good work.

Written from the Marriott at Montreal Airport

-Mitch

Posted By: Shannon (03/09/2011 at 03:18 PM)
Comment:

My favorite Marriott stay was actually at Renaissance Chancery Court in London (in 2008 & 2010). I saw on the reservations site that this hotel will no longer be under the Marriott brand as of June 2011. Can you share an explanation? I am so disappointed to lose this gem of a hotel.

Posted By: Rachel Harding (03/14/2011 at 04:13 PM)
Comment:

I enjoyed myself tremendously at the Springhill Suites in Durham, NC last month. I am headed back there next week for a few more days. The service was outstanding and the rooms are immaculate. I plan on spending all my time away from home at a Marriot Hotel.

Posted By: Missy Shaw (03/24/2011 at 09:11 AM)
Comment:

I have stayed at Camelback Marriott several times. It is a beautiful property any time of the year.

Posted By: Kathleen Healey (04/20/2011 at 07:28 PM)
Comment:

I reserved 9 rooms at the Spring Hill Suites in Plymouth Meeting, PA. It was due to the death of my mother. I would like to compliment the staff, especially Alison ****, Anastasia ********* and the entire staff. We stayed 5 nights and had 15 great grandchildren under the age of 9. The accomodations were wonderful and the staff was exceptional. Thank you for the opportunity to have a quality stay in a time of need. Kathy Healey, Las Vegas

Posted By: Craig Anderson (08/01/2011 at 10:12 AM)
Comment:

Bill,

I wanted to let you know how much my family and I enjoy staying at your hotels. Today, I was privileged to receive excellent customer service from one of your staff at the SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South 7492 Turfway Road Florence, Kentucky 41042 USA. This young man name is Rico P. This young man was able to help me to reconnect to my Marriot’s Reward Card. Several years ago, I lost my job and started my own small business. During that time, my son was born and shortly after my wife started a new job in a new town. Needless to say, keeping track of items was difficult. Several times in the past staying at your hotels, several guest service attendants have attempted to help re-unite me with my rewards number. Today, Rico P. asked a question that I have not been asked in 4 years. Do I know my zip code when I started my account? I was able to provide this information, and he was able to provide my account number. Rico then informed me that the rewards program would be able to provide credit for past stays up to 18 months. This was very exciting. I want to let you know that I am very appreciative of this young man’s effort to provide excellent quality service. Young people like Rico provide the serve needed for business owner’s to success in touch times. He should be commended for the work he does.