Incredible India

Posted: November 2, 2011 10:18:59 PM

India is truly an incredible country.  There’s something old and something new everywhere you turn.  It’s experiencing tremendous growth and our hotels are right in the middle of it.

Most people’s impressions of India are not nearly as up to date as the changes taking place there.  They may have been formed in school while watching a long, boring documentary.

In an attempt to dispel some myths and stereotypes, our Indian associates took to the streets and produced their own mini-documentaries.  The things they do and the places they go … well, let’s just say they know where to have fun.

This “local knowledge” is important to our guests.  After checking in, guests want to know the top restaurant or the best yoga class.

So meet our talented, knowledgeable local hotel associates as they take you on a tour across the country to see their new India.  You’ll learn why the country’s tourism slogan fits:  “Incredible India.”

Click on the links below to view the grand openings of our newest hotels –Pune Marriott Hotel and Convention Centre and the Marriott Jaipur Hotel.  We’ll have many more hotel openings in the next few years.

Leave a comment.  I’d like to hear about your favorite India video or destination.

I’m Bill Marriott and thanks for helping me keep Marriott on the Move.

Pune Marriott Hotel and Convention Centre

Jaipur Marriott Hotel

Listen to Blog

Comments

Posted By: Mohammed Khan (11/03/2011 at 01:57 PM)
Comment:

Dear Mr. Marriott,

Thank you so much for these lovely videos, they are truly mesmerizing.

Posted By: Amir Rehmat (11/03/2011 at 06:34 PM)
Comment:

This is one of the wisest business move on the part of Marriott. In order for U.S. folks to really enjoy the unique Indian hospitality at Marriott hotels, the prices must be slightly moderated so that they are affordable to middle class and does not just become playground for rich and or for people on expense accounts. Marriott hotels in India have no comparable Marriott hotels in the U.S. in terms of service. These are truly delightful to experience.

Posted By: Mario (11/03/2011 at 10:30 PM)
Comment:

Pune is my favorite! I would love to go in the near future. All featured associates did a wonderful job! Thank you for showing us your beautiful country!!
Warm wishes from Arizona, USA.

Posted By: Hossam aboueissa (11/03/2011 at 11:11 PM)
Comment:

Hello,
nice video clip of new opening,Indian cuisine is large within variety kinds of vegetables,Indian show with Indian cuisine is latest style in Indian restaurants at hotels industry
thanks
Hossam
www.talentrevolution.net

Posted By: Amanda Ducach (11/04/2011 at 09:27 AM)
Comment:

I think these videos are just wonderful! I love that it shows such depth and love of both the associates and the country. They truly make one desire the "taste" of India. I feel as if the world is beginning to watch and appreciate the culture & people of India more and more everyday. I have seen more Indian citizens staying in hotels in the US and more travelers desiring a trip to India. Namaste Mr.Marriott!

Posted By: Yudit García (11/04/2011 at 12:17 PM)
Comment:

I just loved the Pune India Local Area Tour Video.
As you said, most of the time our impressions of India come from a boring documentary.
These videos truly defined the inside of their amazing culture.
Marriot associates, all around the globe are full of talent, and we demonstrate it through every interaction we have. It’s all about creating experiences.
I’m so proud to work for Marriott!!!!

Yudit
Courtyard Marriott Santo Domingo

Posted By: Zylun (11/04/2011 at 03:56 PM)
Comment:

India definitely has a rich cultural heritage, and it is exciting to hear of rapid growth occurring there (GDP grew over 10% in 2010). Hopefully this growth will help alleviate the poverty throughout the country. Good to see Marriott doing its part!

Posted By: Cindy rae (11/04/2011 at 05:02 PM)
Comment:

Great video footage and information.

Posted By: Eric (11/04/2011 at 05:07 PM)
Comment:

Stunning video. Very inspiring and appealing. Great marketing people. Now on my list of must-see places.

Posted By: Sheri R (11/05/2011 at 02:49 AM)
Comment:

I enjoyed watching these videos of India, especially the settings of Jaipur and New Delhi. My friends and I enjoyed the northern areas of India two years ago. The elephant ride to the fortress in Jaipur is truly the best way to enter that beautiful site. Of course we were all wearing the touristy turbans sold on the street. The people of Jaipur are very warm and friendly and well worth the visit.

(You may wish to consider expansion to Khajuraho. It has temples in better condition than Angor Wat, a rural atmosphere and daily flights to Varanasi and Delhi.)

Posted By: c miller (11/06/2011 at 01:48 PM)
Comment:

wow - that is all actually pretty amazing. ...and it makes me think that i might want to visit india. really interesting. my son's high school is planning a trip to india...never would have thought of the marriot, but now...

Posted By: Susan (11/07/2011 at 05:38 PM)
Comment:

Jaipur looks spectacular. If visiting India influenced Steve Jobs, I'm ready to go.

Posted By: Matthew Cooper (11/08/2011 at 01:42 AM)
Comment:

Mr Marriott
Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity to make these Videos. WEe loved making them and our customers love seeing them. Matthew GM Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon New Delhi

Posted By: Colleen (11/08/2011 at 11:53 AM)
Comment:

People I know who have visited India have always talked about what a warm welcome they received from the people. These videos really highlight that--it's great to see the "local area knowledge" through the eyes of those who know and love it best.

Posted By: MikeT (11/08/2011 at 01:16 PM)
Comment:

What delightful and informative series of videos! Thank you!

Posted By: Wayne Westbrook (11/08/2011 at 01:17 PM)
Comment:

As an Elite Rewards member, I've stayed in the best Marriotts all over the planet. I plan to visit India in the coming year and was thrilled to have been given a glimpse of the energy of the area and the Marriott staff. Your presentation was entertaining and enlightening. High marks for these excellent videos!!

Posted By: Neal Hagberg (11/08/2011 at 01:24 PM)
Comment:

These are delightful! They make me want to hop on a plane to India right now, and it has never been one of the destinations on the top of my list. Now I am curious. The humor and humanity in these videos really set them off from anything I've seen before. The people look like they love their jobs, like each other, and are proud of their cities. Like I said, it makes me want to jump on a plane and join in the fun...

Posted By: V. Lawson (11/08/2011 at 01:39 PM)
Comment:

I've always wanted to visit India. Watching the video, it occurred to me that I would heavily depend on my hotel to help navigate and facilitate my visit. Does Marriott have any specials in India?

Posted By: Corey K. (11/08/2011 at 01:42 PM)
Comment:

India has always been on my list of "must-visit" destinations and Pune looks like a great area. The Pune Marriott property looks impressive and their staff knowledgeable...something that's very important to me when I'm traveling abroad.

Posted By: trish martinez (11/08/2011 at 01:44 PM)
Comment:

This video is like "Bend it like Beckham"; "Sex in the City" and all this fabulousness gets me pumped up to get over there...Thanks Marriott!

Posted By: pjk (11/08/2011 at 01:52 PM)
Comment:

wow didn't know half of that stuff about India, was not planning a trip there, but now I might. glad people make stuff like this just showing off the culture and the staff looks like they like what they do.

Posted By: Dave Fixsen (11/08/2011 at 02:10 PM)
Comment:

Dear Mr. Marriott,

Thank you for posting these amazing videos of your hotels and the surrounding areas in India. They gave me a refreshing perspective on the 'new' India, and really made me feel like the Marriott hotels and staff could make visiting India an amazing experience!

Posted By: Brian P (11/08/2011 at 04:52 PM)
Comment:

Wow. I've never wanted to travel more! This is much more exciting than any guide book. Using the local staff for travel recomendations is Brillant.
Way to go Marriott!

Posted By: Mary (11/08/2011 at 06:04 PM)
Comment:

Loved the videos! I watched them all in succession because they are so engaging. I am not sure which was more entertaining -- the cities or the personalities!

Posted By: MR (11/08/2011 at 10:42 PM)
Comment:

These videos are very informative. I'm planning a trip to Jaipur and your property there looks great.